Welcome Message from the Director
Welcome to ebica International School website, where 300+ students learn and develop in a challenging and nurturing multicultural environment. ebica International School has over 30 nationalities and 20 mother-tongue languages represented in the school community. Founded in 2006, ebica International School is a proud member of Globeducate and has so far proven its presence as one of the leading schools in the region.
Choosing a school to ensure your child’s education is a difficult decision for any parent; and aside from the programmes in a school, it is important to look at the values that the school will develop in your child. In ebica international school, the five core values of respect, academic excellence, motivation, open mindedness and responsibility encourage each student to live in an international world where he/she is allowed to express himself/herself freely and accepts others’ ideas and cultures.
As a 21st century school, we understand what best produces proficiency in the skills and attributes that are critical to success. Literacy: including reading, writing, and speaking with confidence and persuasiveness; Numeracy: mathematics and logical thinking; Empiricism: through scientific inquiry; and Technology: using tools that enhance learning. Since September 2019, ebica International School has been recognized by Apple as an Apple Distinguished School. The Apple Distinguished School designation is reserved for schools that meet criteria for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence and demonstrate a clear vision of exemplary learning environments. Apple Distinguished Schools demonstrate the use of Apple hardware, apps, and content to promote creativity, collaboration, innovation, and critical thinking to transform learning and teaching.
Through dynamic cycles of inquiry, action and reflection ebica teachers enable and support students throughout their journey as they develop the approaches to learning they need – for both academic and personal success. They support and cater to the needs of the students through fully differentiated lesson, stimulating learning environments and a variety of teaching strategies.
We believe in these principles:
- Define our commitment to education as well as the aspirations we have for our students. They depend upon and are indispensable to each other.
- Prepare the development of the whole child so students are able to impact the future positively with the skills necessary to be successful as leaders, risk takers, and innovators.
- Provide the structure for courageous leadership in order to challenge what others would have us take for granted and to serve, reach out to, and care for those less fortunate.
- Force us to challenge cherished assumptions or accepted patterns of thought unless we have engaged in disciplined learning and understanding first.
- Are fundamental to education in times which are turbulent and challenging, but which also afford significant opportunities for enduring change.
What makes ebica International School unique?
- Ebica International School is a bilingual school
- Ebica International School is an IB World School authorised to offer to students its Primary Years Programme (3 - 11 years old) and the Diploma Programme (16 - 18 years old)
- Ebica International School places a high importance on teachers’ professional development
- Ebica International School goes out of its way to meet the learning needs of each student and promote the development of individual learning pathways
- Ebica International School parents play an integral role in our school community, where they are partners in their children’s education
- Ebica International School has an active Parents’ Association (PEN), which contributes outstandingly to the warm and welcoming family environment characteristic of our school
I am looking forward to welcoming you and your families to ebica International School.